Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baseball in Technicolor



Continuing to rely on YouTube because I can't think of anything good to write, I thought I'd post this video of Reds pitching from the last decade and a blogger's response at the end.

You can watch the whole cartoon here. Pretty funny. And odd seeing ads in the cartoon for champagne and tobacco.

Another amusing old cartoon I found is "Goofy's How to Play Baseball" made back when Disney made films to make films:



I thought it interesting to hear some of the terminology we rarely use anymore like "speedball" and "slowball."

And here's a great Woody Woodpecker from 1943:



Here's Charlie Brown floating out to sea on a pitcher's mound:



Here, Clyde Crashcup from The Alvin Show invents a Cubs fan:



Ah, the good old days of cartoons.

2 comments:

Term Papers said...

Thanks for sharing all this videos keep posting..!

Term papers said...

Thanks for sharing those Video. I really liked it.