Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Didn't watch the home run derby

Not gonna watch the all-star game, though I would like to watch the president throw out the first pitch.

In the last decade, I think I've watched about half of the all-star games. All the pomp and circumstance is a real turn off. Plus with the Reds never getting more than one player (2004 exception noted), I just don't have the extra incentive.

But I haven't watched a Reds game in a week, and I don't feel the need to do so any time soon. Why? Two words.

Willy Taveras.

Just two words sum up everything about why I have lost all interest. Willy Taveras is s symbol, a reincarnation of the problem this team's management has had for years. Last year, the avatar was Corey Patterson. Before that it was a host of others ranging from Royce Clayton, Eric Milton...stop. I don't want to bring the pain back to you.

No comments: