Sunday, January 18, 2009

First class ticket

Every now and then, a ballplayer will do something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over. I thought the ad that Kerry Wood placed in Chicago newspapers thanking the fans was a class act.
"It has been an honor to have been a Chicago Cub for the last 13 years and to have played in the greatest ballpark, Wrigley Field," Wood said in the ad in the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times. "My deepest thanks go to my teammates and the Cubs organization for taking a chance on a kid from Texas and welcoming me into the Cubs family.

"Thank you Cubs fans, the greatest fans in all of baseball, for believing in me and supporting me over the years," he said. "I will always be proud to have been a Chicago Cub. Although I'm a member of a new 'Tribe,' I will forever be a Chicagoan."
The departure has to be bittersweet for Chub$ fans. He will always be one of those "what if" guys. Still, I'm glad he's gone to the American League!
___

No comments: