Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dunn with Dunn?

You may have noticed that I've taken down my "Dunn for Leftfielder" campaign sign. Well, after hearing that he is asking $14 million for this year, I'm not so sure I want him around. Hey Adam, you know Pat Burrell? The guy that's pretty much you? He got $8 million.

Something Brandon Phillips said on the radio last week got me thinking about Dunn. To paraphrase, he said that Dunn and Griffey weren't on the team so the team was no longer about two guys but about everybody. I mean, I know we all knew about Dunn and Griffey being a little, how should I say it? Stuck up? But how much did their attitudes hurt the team?

We'll never really know, of course, but if Brandon Phillips said he's excited to play on a team without the egos, well, there just might be something to that.

So I'm done with Dunn. It's time to move on. It's time to be excited about Bruce and Votto and hope they never grow up to be Dunn and Griffey.

No comments: