Monday, October 13, 2008

Is it really October?

Is it true that the older you get, the faster time goes by? Why do I feel like it was just last week I was down in Sarasota avoiding the white freeze that robbed Ohio of its comfort and bearability? Was the season so bad that I just blocked it out of my mind? Was Corey Patterson really our centerfielder for much of the year?

Are the hated Dodgers really in the playoffs? Are the Exorcised Rays? And the freaking Red Sox again? Did the Mets really collapse for the second season in a row?

Did the Reds really have another losing season?

If I root for a Phillies-Rays Series, does that mean we're going to get a Dodgers-Red Sox? Would I even watch it if it were a Dodgers-Red Sox Series? Is anyone even paying attention? Does anyone else feel like the country is paying attention to the LCS in the same way they pay attention to the Stanley Cup? Is it because there are much more important things to think about right now?

Have you voted yet?

Doesn't David Ross look like he's having the time of his life in the Red Sox dugout? Do we really not have a catcher other than Ryan Hannigan? Can we trade Homer for Jared Saltamacchia? Did I spell Saltamacchia correctly? Would it be a mistake to trade Homer for Saltamacchia?

Are the rumors about Harang possibly being traded true? Shouldn't we not trade Harang, Arroyo, Volquez, and Cueto? Isn't that going to be one of the best rotations in baseball? Who will be the fifth guy? Aren't there a lot of options?

When will I get around to changing my banner?

In this time of uncertainty, isn't it right to ask a lot of questions?

No comments: