Monday, July 07, 2008

By the pricking of my thumbs

It was a little fun, wasn't it? Just when I have myself believing that I am done with baseball for the year, that I cannot take any more disappointment, the Reds have to go out and get a four game sweep to move within four games of .500. Irrationality strikes again as we go into a six game road trip against the Chub$ and the Sausages. Time to gain a few games in the standings and climb back into the race. A sprinkle of luck and a dash of hope, double, triple, toil and trouble, Chubbie$ burn and Sausages bubble! The Wild Card looks like it will come from the NL Central this year, so hey, who knows?

Don't get your hopes up, though. Besides, the sweep was against the worst team in baseball. Still, to sweep, perchance to dream.

I'm going to the Dragons game tonight. They've been pretty awful for the last month or two, but hey, it's Reds baseball, Version A.0.

No comments: