Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I can't wait for a calendar change

When we're smiling at the Chubbie$ from the top in September, we won't even remember this nightmarish April. It's like every time I think they're getting it going, something like last night happens. It's amazing how that baserunning idiocy in the first inning killed the whole game.

I'm beginning to think Dunn and Griffey should never be in the same lineup together. Last night's Little League defensive display was incredible. Aside from letting balls fall in front of him on several occasions, Griffey had an error and looked like a blind man out there. And Dunn - Dunn's defense has always been bad, but that was atrocious. I mean, did you see him try to throw that ball when Glaus scored after hitting it to the wall? Little League.

I'm just reacting to a terrible game, but come one, that was pathetic. If the multi-million dollar twinkies were younger guys, they'd be out there after the game running wind sprints until their legs fell off. At least they would be if I were the coach.

Tomorrow's May 1. Time to turn it up a notch. But not until Aaron Harang and Voodoo Albert kick some Deadbirds but today.

No comments: