Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Belichick is an ass, but Congress is worse

When I watch football, which I do on occasion, if only because there isn't anything else to do and I'm desperately trying to fill that heart-shaped hole the baseball off season leaves me, I constantly compare the action on the gridiron to the beautiful game on the old green diamond. Baseball has its assholes, I know. But never have I seen such a disgusting display of unsportsmanlike conduct as what happened with one second on the clock during the Superbowl. The fact that Bill Belichick walked over to the refs and made the Giants go out on the field for one more play, denying them of their instant celebration that comes with a championship, is utterly despicable. And the cheater didn't bother to congratulate the Giants during the post game interview.

I hope the NFL nails him for his cheating and he never sets foot on a football field again.

BUT... Congress has no place investigating his cheating, just like it has no place investigating steroids in baseball, anti-trust exemptions be damned. Don't we have a war we're losing and an economy that's on the brink of collapsing into recession? Where are the priorities of this country? Sports mean nothing. NOTHING.

This is the Church of Baseball, and a fiery inferno awaits the members of Congress who are wasting our tax money on such pettiness.


(Oh, and HA HA, Boston fans. HA!)



(Is it March 31 yet?)


(Has real* Opening Day ever been held in March?)

*Real Opening Day - the day the Reds play their first game.

___

No comments: