Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Catching some photos

For Christmas and my birthday, I asked for printer ink and photo paper so I could print out my photos from my trip through Eastern Europe. In two and a half months, I took more than two thousand photos, so no, I haven't come close to printing even half of them. In fact, I have only printed the photos of Budapest, where I spent a week. I spent two months in Bulgaria, and those are the bulk of the photos. What happened was I started dreaming of the Reds, and I went through my photos of the summer, and I thought about getting autographs at Spring Training and at the Winter Caravan, and well, I started printing some photos I'd like to have signed. You know how you used to buy those 8X10s that everyone else had? I have an autographed one of Paul O'Neill. Well, I have some unique ones that no one else in the world has, like the one of David Ross here (but I've adjusted the color, cropped it, and blown it up.) I can't wait to ask Ross to sign it right there in the upper righthand corner. I already have a frame for it.

Speaking of Ross, he's going to have a good year. It's the law of averages or something like that. Last year he hit so poorly that it just isn't statistically possible to be that bad again. It's like getting hit twice by lightening.

Oh, and in some unrelated political news, Uni Watch has this to say about Mitt:
I caught a quick glimpse of a Mitt Romney campaign rally on TV yesterday and noticed that many of the people in the crowd were holding up signs shaped like baseball gloves — mitts, get it? Only problem is, a regular fielder’s glove is not a mitt, because “mitt” is short for “mitten” and only applies to the fingerless gloves worn by catchers and first basemen. Do we really want a president whose campaign makes this sort of mistake? I think not.
I thought it was funny.
___

No comments: