Saturday, December 01, 2007

Schneider and Church for Milledge

I don't know how soon I will be returning to Washington (I am currently considering many post-Bulgaria options), but I think Jim Bowden really pulled off a good trade with the Mets in dealing Brian Schneider and Ryan Church to the Mets for Lastings Milledge. Schneider couldn't hit to save his life these last two years. As for Church, well, the Nationals just didn't like him. Hopefully he'll blossom in a new environment.

As for Milledge, if he expects the Washington area to embrace his egomaniacal antics on the field, well, he's going to get a lesson. Washington media, though more likely to bow to political pressure than New York media, in my opinion, is still tough, and people aren't going to put up with a jerk.

Lastings, consider this a warning. Grow up, produce on the field, and maybe someone will finally like you. You have a lot to prove. Good luck in DC. Say hi to Austin for me.
___

No comments: