Sunday, October 21, 2007

A brief conversation

Last night I ran out of clean clothes and had to war my long sleeved Reds shirt - the kind they wear under their uniforms - to dinner. There was an Aussie, a Scot, two Japanese, a Quebecois, and our two Bulgarian hosts. The Reds shirt has "Reds" on the neck ans was sticking out form my sweater. The Japanese girl asked me about it, because she thought it meant Communists. I really got a kick out of that and explained my love for baseball and the Cincinnati Reds, telling her that the team once did change its name to Redlegs during the red scare. We then began to talk about baseball. She loves Ichiro. Her boyfriend is also a fan of the game and they root for the Yomiuri Giants.

The Quebecois had been a fan of Les Expos, and I talked of having had the season ticket package for the Nationals.

It was nice to talk about baseball.

Go Tribe! (Can't believe they had to go to game 7!)

No comments: