Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A thought

I took the laptop over to a cafe this afternoon to enjoy the perfect weather and to try to capture a little sun on my skin to prolong the inevitable autumn fade. September blue filled the sky, a blue only the impending autumn can provide, deep and glowing like something from a painting. I can still feel the warmth of the sun on my face now that I am back in the office. I sigh. Eighteen games left until that tear jerking moment when Marty signs off for the season after being denied October glory once again.

I think I hate this time of year. I can't even bring myself to enjoy these last games because I can already feel the emptiness of another October lost. I'll be at the last Reds game - I'll have to bring a transistor so I can hear Marty's final disappointing words. Then I'm leaving the country for awhile.

I'll still post over the winter, thanks to the glory of the world wide web, but it probably won't be every day. Just don't forget to click on my ads!!! :)

No comments: