Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A dilemma

So the Reds are in Pittsburgh next Tuesday through Thursday. Sadly, it's as close as they come for the rest of the season. There is a doubleheader scheduled for Tuesday - a true doubleheader, you know, the kind where you get to see both games with one ticket. Now, if I left at noon, I could be there in time to see the first game and even get back at a decent hour. Problem is, I'd want to stay for the second game, too. How could I not?

Why are they playing the first game so late? If it started at 1pm, I could skip the whole day and go to both games without issue! But the first game starts at 5pm, and barring any bullpen blowup extra inning disaster, the next game won't start until 8:30, meaning if it's another normal game, it won't be over until 11:30pm.

Then there's the whole drive eight hours for a three hour ballgame. And if I stayed for the second, it'd be six hours of baseball, still less than the time it takes to drive there and back, and I'd either have to stay in Pittsburgh and miss half of another day of work or I'd get back after 3am.

I guess it's not so much of a dilemma. If Wayne had fired Jerry sooner, there might be a pennant race card thrown in there, but since they are out of it, I might as well just stay here and save my days off, which are dwindling to a precious few at this point in the year. Perhaps I should save it for one more trip to Cincy before the season expires.

No comments: