Thursday, July 19, 2007

Welcome to the cellar, Asstros!

Are Bob Castellini and Wayne Krivsky kicking themselves yet for not firing Jerry Narron sooner? Fresh off a sweep of the hated Atlanta Braves, the Reds head into Miami today with a 9-4 record under interim manager Pete Mackanin and a whole lot of "what if" on their shoulders.

I feel like that crazy cat woman on the Simpsons when I stare at the standings and that big, fat "13.5" glares back at me and think "It's not insurmountable." Heck, the '69 Mets were 10 games out in August and ended up winning the World Series. Shoot, we're practically in fourth place already!

I'm not saying hire Pete Mackanin as next year's manager. No, I want the big name. I want Davey Johnson - he was so wrongly dismissed by old Leatherpants, but Leatherpants is long gone (and how is Johnson working for the Nationals right now with the one and only?) Ahh, the good old days, when the Cincinnati Reds were in the NLCS (stupid Braves). I want Joe Girardi or even LaMafia. No more of these organization guys or guys with sub .500 records!

Winning more than losing sure is nice.

And one more thing:
DON'T TRADE ARROYO, DUNN, OR GRIFFEY.

No comments: