Friday, July 13, 2007

Harangutan versus the lion's Maine

I'm going to interrupt my Dear Bob series to write something about this Mets series, as I anticipate four good games in it.

Well, last night was almost a good game.

Hal McCoy wrote an article the other day about Brandon Phillips' "showboating." When I read it, I thought 'What's he talking about?' Last night, however, I realized he might be right. Like the Mets broadcasters said, Brandon Phillips ran his team out of the game. And like they said, that's what last place teams do.

No, the Mets broadcasters were not kind last night. They repeatedly talked about how bad Cincinnati is to the point where I was getting kind of pissed. The team is not as bad as its record indicates and its position in the standings is a direct result of suffering through the woeful management team of Jerry Narron and Wayne Krivsky. As I was telling the announcers this as if they would hear me through my computer screen, I realized that any positive feelings I had about our General Manager are gone. It's time for him to go, Bob.

Anyway, someone said something about tonight's pitching matchup of Aaron "Most underrated pitcher in baseball" Harang and John Maine being the possible matchup for Game 1 of the 2009 NCLS. And that's probably why the Mets announcers irritated me so much with their constant berating of the Reds. For the next three seasons, the Reds are going to have an awesome team, and most of the pieces are there now. I look forward to a potential Reds-Mets NLCS. We should practice for it now by bringing up Votto and Dumatrait!

I wanted to go to a game in this series and would have had I not seen three Reds games last week. I guess I'll settle for watching the games online and waiting for the Reds to come to DC in two weeks!

No comments: