Saturday, June 09, 2007

More proof that God is a baseball fan

I had just watched Homer Bailey strike out David Delluci in the fifth inning with the bases loaded, the last batter he would face on the night, and he needed that out to qualify for the win. I saw the standing ovation Reds fans gave him, then it was time for commercials, when BOOM! A flash of nasty lightening and then the power went out. Noooo!!!! How would I know if Homer would get his first Major League victory???

Funny how it happened when Homer was done pitching. I had to laugh a bit at that. Zeus held his lightening bolts until he got that last out - but how to find out about the game? If my laptop hadn't died, I would have gone to a cafe to use the wireless.

I got out the flashlight and dug around for a transistor radio. 700 WLW comes in DC sometimes - would this be one of those times? Yes! Though every lightening flash brought bursts of static, there was Marty's voice, sometimes weak with fuzz, sometimes strong enough to move the radio from my ear.

...and this one belongs to Homer Bailey!

No comments: