Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's like lawn mower repairmen questioning an auto mechanic's ability to fix his own car.

Brad Ausmus writes in ESPN The Magazine about the insanity of the media these days. It's a good read, and makes me feel sorry for what the players have to go through.

I am reminded of that television commercial where A Rod and another player (Guerrero maybe?) sit and watch someone in a meeting in a conference room. Could you imagine having spectators while you're working? (Might actually have to do more work!)

I make campaign buttons advocating the firing of poor performing players, managers, and general managers. I make photoshops. I complain about said performances and write bad poetry about them. But I can't imagine talking about players personal lives unless they do something scummy like beat their wives or if their story is exceptional, like Josh Hamilton, and those are on very rare occasions. It's not difficult to be respectful of others. Why are there so many journalists out there with no scruples?
___

No comments: