Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A favor, a plea

Dear Barry,

Please go on a homer tear. I will be in Cincinnati on July 3 when your Giants are in town, and I'd very much like to see historic blast number 756. I think I'm sitting in rightfield, so if I catch your homer, you can have the ball, as long as you give me another with your autograph. No, I won't sell it. I'd put it among my most prized possessions, right next to my Barry Larkin ball, my favorite player for so long.

I am a big fan of yours, ever since I lived in California and watched the Giants play for a couple years. You hit more than 110 homers in those two years and you got to go to the World Series. I did, too, for one game. Those were some pretty magical seasons with the World Series and you hitting 70 homers and all. I missed you hitting number 600 - I went the day after you did that. I really don't want to miss this milestone.

So please, Barry, hit six homers this week. I know that's asking a lot. I guess it's seven if you count number 756 you'd hit next Wednesday. You have Boomer tonight - launch a couple off his lard butt. I know you guys are playing San Diego and Arizona before heading into Cincy, but look at it as an opportunity to make up some ground. I don't like Arizona anyway. I always root for the Giants to win the NL West.

And if you do happen to hit the coveted ball when I am in attendance, look for me as you round the bases. I'll be the one cheering the loudest, the first and last one standing.

Thank you,

A baseball fan
___

No comments: