Thursday, March 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ryan Freel

Sunshine is a wonderful thing. After a day of bad weather or spending your time in the bleak of an office, or simply walking down a street smiles abound on the faces you meet when the day is full of sunshine.

I spend a lot of time outdoors when the weather gets warm, especially in the spring before the mercury moves into hot. I'm not one of those outdoorsy types, though. I hate camping. I don't like the thought of wild animals, either. I do appreciate hiking or cycling or rollerblading, but I'm not overly active in those areas, either. One thing, though, that I really like to do is sit outside and listen to (or watch) baseball, thanks to the wonderful gift of WiFi.

Those days are just around the corner, but for now, I will settle for listening to Ryan Freel play on his 31st birthday over that same WiFi. I do it from the bleakness and suffocation of an office with thoughts of sunshine on my face and dreams of baseball in my mind.

No comments: