Friday, October 27, 2006

I hope the Deadbirds lose 162 games next year

83 wins, one game above .500, St. Louis sux. The MVP Corvette Hobbit, Jeff "I want people to suffer from Parkinson's" Suppan, Jeff "I got cut from the Angels Weaver," Albert "Tom Glavine struck me out four times he sux" Pujols, Jim "I'm Dizzy" Edmonds, Chris "I can't catch a flyball" Duncan, Scott "I'm ancient" Rolen, Scott "Worst facial hair in baseball" Spezio, Chris "I am the Walrus" Carpenter, and Tony "Mafia" LaRussa are on the worst team to ever win the World Series.

And now there's no more baseball. What am I going to do for four months? Probably will take me that long to recover from this horror. Oddly enough, I kind of feel liberated by the end of the season. I'm actually going to go to dinner with a friend tomorrow and go to a Halloween party.

At least Fox ended the season with U2. I think it's a sign that next season is going to be a good one...

On Wednesday I start writing my story for National Novel Writing Month. I've tentatively titled it "In the Big Inning," a play on that joke about how God is a baseball fan. (Appropriate, don't you think?) I have yet to decide on a name for the main character. His last name is O'Hagan, as the Irish in him plays a big role in his identity. Stay tuned...

No comments: