Thursday, May 11, 2006

Magic Peanuts

I bought two pounds of peanuts last Saturday. Why? Because I was sick of paying six bucks for beer in the stadium, so I brought my own. Only I had to figure out a way to sneak them in. So it was peanuts. See, you are allowed to bring in food and water at RFK (as you can in some other ballparks), so I went to the grocery to get some of those pay-by-weight peanuts. Before I left, I grabbed two bottles of Sierra Nevada Summerfest, stuffed them into a brown bag, put it into a ziplock bag, and stuffed the bag with peanuts. When I got to the ballpark, I had the bag of magic peanuts in plain view as I entered the stadium, no questions asked.

The thing is, I didn't need two pounds of them. I only needed one pound. So I still have this bag of peanuts nearly a week later. Now, as I watch Bronson go for number 6, I eat them for dinner.

No comments: