Monday, April 10, 2006

Take that, Cardinals!

The Cubs swept the Cardinals last night, thanks to a grand slam by Michael Barrett in the eighth inning. I watched the game at my usual ESPN Sunday Night Baseball bar, where I again got free beers.

One thing I noticed about the Wrigley faithful was the blue. It was a bitterly cold night, so everyone had to wear coats, and most of them were Cubs coats. Blue Cubs coats. It was quite a sight to see. Now, I can understand when people have on the same t-shirts, but it seems to me that it takes a dedicated fan to buy a team coat.

Frank Robinson tried to get Nats fans to wear red shirts last year, but the fans didn't cooperate. That's too bad, because it looks pretty cool when the fans are dedicated enough to their team to wear one color.

It's great to see the Cardinals lose.

No comments: