Friday, April 21, 2006

Pregame note

Ahh, Friday. In the days of my waning youth I should be poised to hit the town, but my daytime incarceration in the house of dull and stress leaves me exhausted by Friday and wanting nothing more than to go home, chill with a beer, and watch a ballgame. I was supposed to go to the Nats game this evening, but the reality of life and plans got in the way, and a cancellation was at hand. It's for the better, however, as DC is setting up for two days of rain. (Of course. It's only nice outside when you are imprisoned by the headache gray walls of the office.)

Dan "I'm better than De La Rosa" Kolb is set to return for tonight's game. So, Arroyo better pitch well and deep into the game so we aren't forced to comeback against the Brewers' strengthened pen. Unless, of course, Kolb feels the need to give up some runs. Kolb had an awful 2005 with Atlanta, so maybe his good days are behind him.

There's something oddly cool about having a team named for beer. I think I might try to join the game thread for the Brewers this evening - a little friendly heckling, if you will. Milwaukee fans, like most of the NL Central teams, just love the game, and a little friendly rivalry is fun. It's not like Philly or New York, where you get pegged with peanuts, bottles, and spit if you show up in the opposing team's colors. I for one am happy that Brewers fans have something to cheer about this year. I just hope Reds fans can cheer louder.

Maybe we can keep the bats of .260 hitters quiet tonight.

No comments: