Friday, March 31, 2006

Baseball, baseball, BASEBALL!

Baseball. Baseball baseball baseball. Baseball. Baseball baseball, baseball baseball baseball. Baseball baseball baseball, baseball Baseball. Baseball, baseball baseball. Baseball baseball baseball, baseball, baseball baseball.

Yep, that's all I have on my mind today as I watch the clock in excited anticipation of my first baseball game of the baseball year, an exhibition game between the Nats and the O's at RFK. I can't wait until my favorite Nats Zimmerman, Johnson, Vidro, Guillen, and Schneider take the field for the first time this year. Patterson is pitching, ensuring a good game. I can nearly smell the hot dogs.

Do I boo Soriano when he comes out onto the field or wait until he misses his first fly ball? Nah, I'm not going to boo him. He's been quiet since he accepted his fate and has been swinging the bat pretty well in this last week of Spring Training. I'll be cheering for him, too.

The weather couldn't be more perfect for a game, so when you leave the office, hop on the Metro to RFK, buy a ticket, and take a deep breath of the fresh spring air, because the best time of year is here. It's baseball!

No comments: